Pages

Apr 27, 2011

The Sims 3: Generations Reverts to Childhood

Sims players finally have a dream fulfilled.

True story: When I was in third grade, I ate so much candy on Valentine's Day that I felt terrible, so when I climbed in my bottom bunk that night, my mom gave me a bucket and told me to use it if I felt sick. Sure enough, in the middle of the night, I woke up, stuck my head over the side of the bed, and threw up. Unfortunately my sister, who was in the top bunk, chose that exact moment to do the same thing, and I ended up with a head full of puke.

The experience left me permanently traumatized by bunkbeds, but that's apparently not something I share with most Sims players, who have been clamoring for bunkbeds since the game launched. Well, Sims players, your wish is finally being granted.


Kids in The Sims 3 are also getting a lot more ways to stay entertained. In addition to imaginary friends in Sims 3: Generations, kids will be getting treehouses, which come in three different flavors: castle, kids' clubhouse, and sci-fi hideaway. Each type of house has a special pretend action that's associated with it as well, such as holding a feast in the castle treehouse or fighting off pirates in the kids' clubhouse.

There are also new costume trunks, where kids can dress up as a T-rex, an astronaut or a prince or princess, plus tons of new outdoor equipment, including two new sandboxes, two hopscotch courts, and a bunch of new playground equipment like slides and swings. Parents who want to take their super-young kids for a walk will be able to push them around in one of two new strollers that will be available to buy.


And of course, it isn't childhood without a parent there recording every moment for posterity, which is where the game's new video camera object comes in. If you're holding the camera, you can choose to record what's happening and then replay it on any TV in your Sim's house. You can also capture moments for external sharing -- key life moments are added as snapshots to the game's new Scrapbook feature, and can then be uploaded directly to the official Sims 3 page or even a player's Facebook account.

So if you're tired of filling your feed with pictures of your real-life offspring, now you can populate it with your virtual ones instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment